Monday, February 4, 2013

I Prefer PS3 Controller

Ps3 Move Gun
745TDBanty 130205
Seriously the worst controller I have ever used. It’s too small, the joysticks are in the wrong place, and it just feels like the thing would shatter if I dropped it. If you are going to buy a Ps3 Move Gun, trade in this controller for store credit and buy yourself a good 3rd party controller.
I have both PS3 and XBOX360. I play only on PS3 now because I prefer the PS3 controller. The two main reasons are:
[1] The locations of the Ps3 Move Accessories analog thumbsticks are more optimal for me. My thumbs always hurt when I use XBOX 360 controllers.
[2] Pressing R1 to shoot is better than pressing XBOX360 trigger because the “trigger pull” is shorter and I can shoot repeatedly without getting a sore index finger.
However, I do hate PS3 controller on games like Dead Space, in which you need to hold down L2 and use the left analog to run, which is awkward and a pain (on my left thumb, literally). This has more to do with the games than the controllers, though.
Overall, I think the PS3 Move Light Gun is one of the worst ones out there. The Playstation controllers remain unchanged (design-wise, not feature-wise) from prior versions, and that’s not a good thing. It desperately needs to be redesigned to something more comfortable for the hand, like the 360 controller has been. In many ways the PS3 is a superior system to the 360 (which I also own), but in the case of the controller, it’s no contest. WAY too small for my (and most adults’) hands, and just plain uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment